SMB Solutions Server Centre Spotlight, Part Two: Equinix Singapore IBX
Discover the tools and technologies behind SMB Solutions.
Managing data and services for small businesses in the Southeast Asia region requires effective planning and infrastructure management. Our customers located in this region can benefit from state-of-the-art data centre Equinix Singapore IBX, that is also home to one of the world’s top internet peering exchanges.
Equinix, our infrastructure partner for the Southeast Asia region, helps companies boost business performance using one of the world’s most extensively networked data centres located in the heart of Singapore. The data centre SMB Solutions utilise is home to more than 660 companies and offers its customers access to more than 205 different networking service providers.
Equinix Singapore IBX: A Closer Look
Located just north of Jurong Island, on the west side of Singapore, Equinix’s SG2 data centre is one of the company’s newest additions to its networking assets. Open since late 2019, Equinix Singapore International Business Exchange provides customers with best-in-class colocation solutions and networking tools.
Some of the advantages available to SMB Solutions’ customers through its partnership with Equinix include:
- A highly integrated cloud hub that provides fast access to 205 different cloud carriers.
- The densest network architecture in Singapore.
- Close proximity to key financial organisations.
- A thorough Threat and Vulnerability Risk Assessment (TVRA) executed in compliance with the guidelines set out by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- A Solution Validation Center designed to help companies mitigate technology risks while optimising their investments in data centre deployments.
- Advanced fire suppression capabilities, including smoke and heat detectors, double-interlocked pre-action sprinklers, and specialised electrical safety equipment.
- An industry-leading average uptime track record of more than 99.9999%.
Apart from its impressive technical attributes, Equinix Singapore IBX SG2 boasts a break room, high-quality loaner tools, showers, crash carts, and a selection of conference rooms.
Key Equinix Singapore IBX Features and Facilities
Equinix Singapore IBX offers more than 20,000 square feet of colocation space to customers, alongside private cages, secure cabinets, and specialised office and storage solutions. It features four utility feeders and an industry-standard cooling configuration with built-in specialised computer air conditioning (CRAC) units.
In terms of security, the data centre boasts a purpose-built man-trap entry, perimeter fence, and access controlled-gate manned by trained on-site security officers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The building’s interior features biometric readers in common areas, PIN and card readers, closed-circuit surveillance systems with 30-day content retention, and motion detection.
Equinix Singapore SG2 has obtained the following globally recognised certifications:
- SOC 2 Type II
Deploy SAP Technology on Next-Generation Systems
Equinix provides SMB Solutions – and by extension, our customers – with state-of-the-art technology solutions designed to help small businesses leverage enterprise-level capabilities in ways no other regional data centre provider can. It guarantees reliability and security that meets even the most stringent customer expectations. Get in touch with the support team today to learn more about